8. Suppose we imagine that bars in Madison Park can be characterized
as a monopolistically competitive industry with free entry. Suppose
that the legal drinking age is lowered to 19. Our best short run prediction is that: (Unfortunately there seems to be evidence
that such changes lead to increased numbers of alcohol related
- bars will increase prices to keep out the new drinkers.
- bars will experience a reduction in profit due to the increased
costs of serving more patrons.
- bars will become more profitable due to the increase in demand.
- more bars will be opened.
- many bars will close.
Copyright © 1995-2004 OnLineTexts.com, Inc. - All Rights Reserved