14. An oligopolist that believes it faces a marginal revenue curve with a gap or discontinuity is making the assumption that:
- its dominant strategy is to reduce the price.
- other Firms will not want to produce where marginal revenue equals marginal cost.
- other Firms will match a price increase but not a price decrease.
- other Firms will match a price decrease but not a price increase.
- other Firms will not produce at minimum average total costs.
Copyright © 1995-2004 OnLineTexts.com, Inc. - All Rights Reserved